Monday, November 28, 2011

String Pillow aka String Theory Pillow



I pretty sure that this is ok to post. I don't think that my Grandma Marilyn knows about this blog. If she does, I just ruined the surprise for Christmas.

I found the tutorial to make the blocks here at film in the fridge.  I love her blog, I think this site made me really want to start quilting. It's called a string quilt, but I keep calling it the String Theory Block. I've been hanging around Physicists too much.

Piecing the blocks with phone book pages. I knew I didn't recycle those for a reason.



I used the tutorial from Sew, Mama, Sew! to put the rest of the pillow together.
I honestly thought I was making a zipper closure and then part way through the tutorial I realized it was for envelope style closure. Must always remind myself to read through all the instructions before I cut my fabric. Either way it can come off to clean if need be.

I think this is my favourite completed project so far.

I hope she likes it!





2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful quilts, cushions and pants! I hope they are not all wrapped so I can see them! We are excited to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on your blog because I am having some friends over for a coffee morning and I am making the pumpkin bread! I can't seem to sleep past 4:30 these days - so much on my mind!

    ReplyDelete