Monday, July 1, 2013

Peach Pie

So I have become pie obsessed and I figure the more pie I make the easier it will be. So we are being inundated with peaches from the backyard and what better way to eat all those delicious peaches than a home baked peach pie? I used this recipe from Smitten Kitchen. I am obsessed with her recipes and so far they have all been amazing.
Cutting the butter into the flour, I got this pastry blender in Jr. High from two of my friends.  

Ice Water

I can never get it all together but it seems to all work out 

Blanching the peaches to get the skin off

Tasty Peaches from the tree in our backyard

LAttice top, this one doesn't look as pretty as my last pie but it was just as delicious


I burnt the edges a bit. I was cooking dinner while the pie was baking and forgot to check the pie. Other wise it was so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment