Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Meal Planning Week 2

Here is the week 2 meal plan. We didn't stick to it completely, but close enough. I have learned that the more tasty homemade food we eat, the less we like pre-made meals. Sometimes convenience wins, but it is happening less and less. I am also hoping to start making soup and freezing Jack size portions. I think he could eat chicken noodle soup everyday. I tries using dried black beans this month and I probably wont use them again. The texture and overall taste was not as good as the canned. Perhaps I am just not doing it right?



Saturday June 8
Rustic Bread Salad with Basil Vinaigrette 

Sunday June 9
Black Bean Burgers with sweet potato fries. I copied this recipe out of Gwenyth Paltrow cookbook but you can follow the link to the recipe.

Morning Glory Muffins. - I've started to make muffins on the weekend and freeze them for Andrew. He is training for a triathlon and has been getting up super early to do his training. So he takes one out of the freezer the night before and eats the muffin, fruit and oatmeal for breakfast at school.

Monday June 10
Chicken Tikka Masala with rice and Trader Joe's Naan bread. This makes huge portions and we have been eating left overs all week.

Tuesday June 11 (we didn't eat this, we just had left over tikka masala)
Yam & Pepita Quesidillas from  Rebar: Modern Food Cookbook
I have started making a couple of batches of the honey chipotle sauce and freezing it. So this comes together really fast. We eat this on a regular basis

Wednesday June 12.
Veggie Quiche and salad with our garden veggies. With this crust recipe  from the Pioneer Woman.
It makes three pie crusts and freezes amazingly well.

Thursday June 13
Trader Joes Veggie Lasagna (We didn't like the veggie lasagna it was kind of gross)
Andrew has a conference this week so he wont be home so I am taking a cooking break.

Friday June 14
Thai Chicken Pizza & Margherita Pizza  I use the rebar pizza dough recipe and usually split it into 2 medium size pizzas and make a mini cheese pizza for Jack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment