Monday, August 19, 2013

Little Things to Sew - Cozy Winter Hood Yoda Hat

I saw these versions of the Yoda hat on Girl Like the Sea and Homemade by Jill and knew that I needed to make one for my Star Wars obsessed little guy. The pattern from Little things to Sew calls for a thicker warmer fabric, I wanted it to be a bit lightweight for playing so I just used some flannel I had on hand. I just skipped the ear part of the instructions and it came together really quickly. I drew my own template for the ears and put a bit of quilt batting in the ear to help give them a bit of structure. I attached them to the sides. I also just used some of the flannel instead of ribbon for the ties. It is a really easy pattern to follow and it came together in less then and hour.  I think he loves it




No comments:

Post a Comment