Monday, June 20, 2011

Drumheller/Royal Tyrrell Museum

On Thursday Andrew came home from work a bit drained from work, he declared Friday a family day! So we went to the dinosaur museum in Drumheller. Jackson was extremely happy in the car. He was content to drink his juice and watch the amazing scenery. I have officially fallen in love with the prairies. I was daydreaming the whole time, imaging what my life would be like on a farm. Baking pies, gardening and sitting out on the porch reading a good book. I think my idea of having a farm is not very realistic. Probably a lot more manure and early mornings and not as much Starbucks.

I love how you are just driving through the flat prairies and instantly you drive into the badlands. It happens so suddenly. It reminds me of the area around Cache Creek. 

The Dinosaurs were amazing! Jackson was instantly in love. It was the perfect family afternoon. We were in the museum for about 3 hrs and Jackson was so happy and not fussy at all. I was shocked but the Dinosaurs are just so cool. The museum is beautiful and not at all how I imagined.
We were outside for about 15 minutes just looking at the Dinosaurs at the entrance.

Huge T-Rex 'Black Beauty' So unreal, it's hard to imagine just stumbling across something so amazing during a fishing trip.
There was a soft shell turtle that Jackson fell in love with. I have to admit that it looked a bit creepy but Jackson was so into it.

Overall it was such a fun day. I loved being with my little family going on a dinosaur adventure. 
If you are ever in the Calgary are I seriously recommend going to the Royal Tyrrell Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment