Wednesday, November 6, 2013

All things Halloween


I saw this little pumpkin tutorial on Pinterest and new I had to make some of my own. They (California) have all sorts of pumpkins that I have never seen before.  I painted them while drinking a Heineken and watching Cabin in the woods with Andrew. I let Jackson paint his own little pumopkin. It seems like Painting pumpkins here is the way to go. The carved ones lasted about two days before they started to liquify on the front porch. Its just to warm for them, not that im complaining about all the sun.



I have been struggling with this sock for a long time. I bought the wool in April sometime and have been trying to make them ever since. It is my first time making anything on double pointed needles and it took me a while to get the hang of it. I have started this sock about twenty times and then rip it all out.  I am trying to knit the heel flap but I just am having the hardest time. I want to throw the whole thing out on a regular basis but I want to just finish it!


We used some stencils to make some fun pumpkins this year. I feel like the character choices are very telling. 


I volunteered to bring the fruit plate for the preschool Halloween party. It makes me feel really grown up when I sign up for things like this. I still haven't gotten over that feeling that im just playing grown up.


The preschool class went on a little trick or treating parade around the neighbourhood. It was so warm on Halloween I had to put Jack in shorts in a T-shirt so he wouldn't roast in his costume. Thats definitely a step up from snowsuit halloween we were are used to in Calgary.



I was at the library with Jack reading Real Simple Magazine while jack played. They had some Halloween book recommendations and I thought sure I will read a scary book. The magazine recommended this novel Zombie by Joyce Carol Oates it was disturbing and kind of yucky. It was about a serial killer, not zombies as one would think. Andrew says it sounds a lot like Jeffrey Dahmer. It was yucky and just creeped me out. 

I loved having Halloween here, Berkeley is winning my heart over more and more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment